2/11/21

Weird Dreams

 We all have strange or unusual dream at times, sometimes these strange dreams wake you up and you think to yourself "that was weird" other times, those strange dreams stick with you for hours, days, weeks or even years. 

I have been having those types of strange dreams that stick out in your mind that you can't seem to forget. 




My dreams are all over the place lately and they go from odd to out right weird. In one I was pregnant, but it wasn't a baby in my belly, it was an idea. In another, I had a giant spider that talks have an entire conversation about my life and my future with me. But the weirdest one, which also happens to be a reoccurring one, involves various places around the world and ancient Gods, older than time itself. 

This dream always starts the same way. I am on a massive ship in the middle of an ocean, I don't know why I am there, but I am not alone. The ship hits something invisible in the water and it starts to take on water, slowly it fills from the bottom up. I quickly try to get to the top deck, but of course, I can't just go straight there, I have to take the longest roundabout way there possible and help as many people as I can. 

Then, once I am up on the top deck, a massive storm starts, wind blowing, lightning and thunder and heavy drops of rain that sting my skin like acid. People are screaming, the ship is sinking, and I stand alone, watching the chaos unfold, unable to move a muscle, just watch it all happen and feeling myself sink into the cold water along with the ship. 

Eventually I emerge from the water, at an ice shelf, at the literal top of the world. 


It's calm now, gentle waves lapping at the ice, half frozen water moving up and down like a breathing blanket. The sun goes down as I climb the ice and I can see the brilliant night sky, it looks close enough to touch. I get to the top of the ice and I sit down and look out over the world, I can see everything with perfect clarity, all of the continents, the cities, the people, everything, as if I were looking at it through the eyes of something else. I lean back against the galaxy, in awe of what I see. I am completely alone yet I carry out a conversation with something that asks me how I feel, what I think of our world and if I want to rejoin it or not. I say that it is beautiful, I tell the entity that I feel like I am missing something though I don't know exactly what it is and that I would like to rejoin our world, but I'm not quite ready yet, I have something that I need to do first. 


I look behind me and marvel at the galaxy that I see. I want to be in it, floating through space. I reach out to touch it then suddenly I am somewhere else.


I am now in the middle of the ocean again, carrying a torch above my head to light my way. The world around me is pitch black, I can't even see the stars overhead. I walk further through the ocean, slowly and carefully, watching ahead as I walk, gently taking one step at a time. 

I hear a new voice, it tells me to continue on my path, to follow my feet and listen to my senses. I have to be careful not to get lost in the dark, one wrong step and I will fall into the nothing of the ocean. I keep walking, careful with my footing, then suddenly the floor that I am walking on changes. It is piles and piles of dead bodies, guiding my way. They are warm, and soft as I step on them and I can feel the angles changing, forcing me to go in certain directions. I keep going, the water starts to rise around me until I can barely keep my head above it and then I need to jump. I jump and land on an island. I sit my torch on a holder and the entire island is lit up. It's small and made out of human flesh. Then the moon speaks to me, in a language I don't know but I understand what is being said. 

A silver box is presented to me. I open it to find the inside lined with velvet but the item it was supposed to hold is missing. All that is left is a shimmering illusion of what used to be there. It looks like a quill pen. I have to find it. I have to complete the trials and unite the old Gods before I can return to my world. I agree to this quest. 

I blink and I am suddenly in a trial, on a mountain top, in the middle of a bunch of islands. 


 My task is to get a feather from the top of the mountain on this island into a cavern at the bottom of another island. Apparently my brain thinks that is super boring because it just glazes over this. I did it, yay, moving on. 

Next think I know I am in the galaxy, telling the Gods that I found a place where they can all be at the same time, even the sun and the moon. 


I meet with the Gods in the spot I found. They are the oldest Gods, the ones without names, the ones older than time. The Sun. The Moon. The Galaxy. The Air. The Earth. The Sea and Fire. 

They all start to talk at once, my own voice is drowned out by theirs. I try to ask over and over again why I am there. What are we doing. What is happening. And then something tells me to wake up. I don't want to wake up, I want to know what is going on but I don't have a choice. I can feel myself fading from that world and reentering my own. Then I actually wake up. 

No comments: