6/26/17

TrueAchievements Alphabet Challenge



Recently the site TrueAchievements put out an achievement hunters dream challenge, the Alphabet challenge, in which gamers were challenged to gain new achievements in alphabetical order from A to Z within a 30 day period.



Anyone that knows me knows I love a good challenge, especially when it gives me an opportunity to stream what I am doing and gain a higher gamerscore while I'm at it! After watching my husband complete the challenge in under 24 hours I decided that I had to take this challenge on. My husband helped with the set up, searching through the games I had available to me and coming up with a complete A to Z list of achievements to complete in the shortest amount of time and with the fewest game changes possible.

With my husbands tips, achievement list, and him sitting by to give me strategy options I turned my stream on and beat the alphabet challenge in under 6 hours! The problem I faced was after the challenge was complete and I tried to splice the gameplay videos together, finding out that some were so quick that the stream didn't even record and some were deafeningly loud. There was no way I was going to put a video up with deafening audio and parts missing so I scrapped the idea of turning my stream into a complete video for youtube, instead I'm writing this.

I have to thank everyone who joined my stream while I was completing this challenge, I truly enjoyed chatting with everyone, explaining what I was doing to get specific achievements and the encouragement that everyone watching gave me.

Since completing the challenge and having our gamertags on the global leaderboard as being some of the first thousand to complete the challenge, both my husband and I have received messages asking us to help others complete the challenge, and while we do what we can to help out within the gaming community there was not too much that we could do aside from offer up a few game choices and share our strategy of writing a detailed list of which games and achievements gamers planed on using to complete this challenge.



Now that the challenge is over I wanted to share with you the complete list A to Z of which achievements I got and which games I got them in to complete this alphabet challenge.

A - Arithmomania -  Check Your Stats - Spectra
B - Beyond The Cosmos - Complete Track 7 - Spectra
C - Cued Up - Complete The Tutorial - Pure Pool
D - DNA Sample - Downloaded a Players DNA - Pure Pool
E - Evolution - Complete Track 6 - Spectra
F - Forged In The Stars - Complete Track 3 - Spectra
G - Get Out There & Fight - Play a Lobby Match - Dead or Alive 5
H - Hardcore - Complete Any Track on Hardcore Difficulty - Spectra
H alternate was display move details in dead or alive 5
I - I Can Do This All Day - Defeat 10 Monsters In a Single Game in Endless Mode - Letter Quest
J - Join The Jetset - Play The Game For The First Time - Rare Replay - Jetpac
K - K-lobb-erative Effort - Play as Every Character Over Time - Rare Replay - Killer Instinct Gold
L - League of Your Own - Create a Pool League - Pure Pool
M - My Fight, My Rules - Create Your Own Online Lobby - Dead or Alive 5
N - New Sheriff In Town - Play The Game For The First Time - Rare Replay - Gunfright
O - Only Human - Complete Track 4 - Spectra
P - Party Time - Unlock All Tracks - Spectra
Q - Quiplash XL: Jinx Jinx - Enter The Same Thing as an Opponent - Jackbox Party Pack 2
R - Rival Rumble - Fight Online - Dead or Alive 5
S - Somet - Complete Track 1 - Spectra
S alternative was complete track 9 in Spectra
T - Tokyo Skies - Complete Track 2 - Spectra
U - Up & Coming - Play a Ranked Game - Prominence Poker
V - Veteran - Complete Track 8 - Spectra
W - Who's Got Popcorn - Watch a Movie - Dead or Alive 5
X - Xbox Live Racer - You Won 10 Versus Zones on Xbox Live - Sonic 2
Y - Your Educations Begins Now - Play in Tutorial - Dead or Alive 5
Z - Zen 4 - Reached 4 Minutes in Endurance - Pool Nation FX

There you have it, a complete A to Z list of all the games and achievements I used to complete this challenge! I included a couple alternatives that we had just in case I popped an achievement early as popping achievements out of order didn't count. 

No comments: